The key features of E3ME are:
- the close integration of the economy, energy systems and the environment, with two-way linkages between each component
- the detailed sectoral disaggregation in the model’s classifications, allowing for the analysis of similarly detailed scenarios
- its global coverage, while still allowing for analysis at the national level for large economies.
- the econometric approach, which provides a strong empirical basis for the model and means it is not reliant on some of the restrictive assumptions common to CGE models
- the post-Keynesian, econometric specification of the model, making it suitable for short and medium-term assessment, as well as longer-term trends
This is the E3ME model manual.
The tabs above provide further technical detail about the model, including its history, theoretical approach, sectoral classifications and main outputs. The final part of this section discusses E3ME’s econometric specification.